IT Services offers noncredit technology courses and workshops for the MSU community. Courses cover a range of topics and can be used for job training, career development, or personal improvement. (Request a course or topic for training.)
Some course categories include:
- Basic computer skills
- Course management (e.g., D2L)
- Database management
- Web design and publishing
- Graphic design
- Information research skills
- Instructional technology for MSU classrooms
- Project management
- Statistics and mathematics (e.g., SPSS, SAS)
Customized training is also an option for MSU departments.
MSU has partnered with New Horizons for several years to provide a broad range of technical training, desktop applications, ITIL training, and programming language courses for MSU employees. New Horizons is located in downtown Lansing.
Read about other local training resources.
Partnership with New Horizons
MSU partners with New Horizons to provide a wide range of technical training, desktop applications, ITIL training, and programming language courses for MSU employees. Most New Horizons classes use the Online-Live method of delivery where courses are taught by instructors at another location with attendees participating virtually. There are also instructor-led classes at different Michigan locations, including the Lansing location.
New Horizons is located at 1146 South Washington Ave. (corner of Washington Ave. & South Street) Suit A-B Lansing, MI 48910.
MSU faculty and staff register for training through EBS. Phone registration is also available by calling (517) 432-6200 or toll free (844) 678-6200.
- Visit ebs.msu.edu and click the “EBS Login” tab.
- Log in using your MSU NetID and password.
- Click on the “ESS” tab.
- Click on the “Training Opportunities” quick link.
- Click on one of the links under “Course Catalog” or use the “Find” box to search for keywords.
- Click on the class name/date link or the “To Registration” link for the desired class. (If a class is not offered or if the dates don’t fit your schedule, you can use the “Prebook” link on the course page. Prebookings will appear in your Messages and Notes section in EBS when classes become available.)
- Click “Book this course.” (If a class is full, you can select “Book on Waitlist.” If space becomes available, you will receive email notification.)
- Choose your payment method following the on-screen directions. (“MS” must precede account numbers in EBS. For example, the account number “XTO12345” is entered as “MSXTO12345.”) If the class is available at no charge, this information will not be required.
- “Success!” displays at the top of the page once you’ve registered.
- Click the “Training Home” link to view the class in the “My Training Activities” section.
There is a minimum of three participants for a scheduled training class. If a class must be canceled due to low enrollment, the enrolled participants will be notified. When possible, alternative dates will be provided for future classes.
If you need special accommodations, please notify IT Services Training at least two weeks before class to ensure that appropriate arrangements can be made. Reserving sign language interpreters may require additional lead time.
Payment may be made by credit or debit card, MSU Educational Assistance, or as an MSU departmental charge.
MSU support staff may qualify for the MSU Staff Educational Assistance Program, which renews with the academic year (September 1 to August 31) rather than the fiscal calendar year. More information about the Educational Assistance Program is available online or by calling MSU Human Resource Development at (517) 884-0177.
Departmental account and Educational Assistance billing doesn’t occur until after the class has been attended. Payment is due at the time of enrollment for individuals using self-payment methods when enrolling online or in person.
Cancellations & Refunds
Individuals can cancel online through EBS or by calling (517) 432-6200. If cancellation notice is not received at least 24 hours prior to the start of class, course fees may still apply.
If you have attended less than half the total class time and are unable to complete the class due to illness or other emergency circumstances, you will be able to re-enroll in the same class at a future date with no additional charge.
If a class is canceled due to weather, illness of the instructor, or an un-met minimum enrollment, registered class participants will be contacted to re-schedule the class. If the class is canceled, no charges will apply and any pre-paid fees will be refunded.