WHAT IS IT?
- Purchase a pre-selected (RFP – April 2018) software package to replace existing FAMIS (classic) system with a facilities management system (IWMS). This will involve the following business units:
- MSU IT
- It will cover numerous modules that will be implemented in phases.
- There are also numerous integrations that will be required in addition to maintaining data push/pulls from FAMIS data.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
- The Accruent product, FAMIS, is nearing its product cycle’s end of life (EOL) where support will no longer be provided (2021) and has been in use approaching 20 years at MSU.
- The aged system does not have capability to support process improvement, efficiency, functional and productivity gains, more robust planning, systems and operational needs, and intuitiveness.
- Continuing with Track 1 activities.
- Building new project schedule based on lessons learned testing and training strategies delivered, OCM coming soon.
- FCI – Track 1 (June 2019)
- FCI – Track 2 (March 2019)
- FCI – Track 3 (Scheduled for December 2019)
- For more information, visit https://michiganstate.sharepoint.com/sites/IPFFacilitiesConnectNews.