Instructional designers can help plan, budget, organize, deliver, and assess the effectiveness of degree and certificate programs for faculty, instructors, and program coordinators launching for-credit online and blended programs at MSU.
Included in the service are:
- Consultation in online teaching and learning
- Assistance with navigating university systems and establishing a framework from which the program will be run
- Assistance in course design
- Development of workshops and consultation for program faculty and staff
- Creation of a common, accessible, Quality Matters-compliant course template
- Creation of a visual style for program courses and communities (optional)
- Quality Matters assessment of courses (optional)
The broad service is delivered at no cost on a consulting basis based upon resource availability. Service is time-bound with a clear end date.
There is also a for-cost service providing a dedicated resource. The base rate varies depending on the staffing resource.
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Not included in this service are:
- Teaching program courses
- Grading course assignments
- Creation of multimedia (available as separate service in MSU IT)
- Captioning services (available as a separate service in MSU IT)