MSU funds a Microsoft Exchange service for MSU departments. As part of the Spartan Mail hybrid environment, Campus Exchange services provide management of the email and calendaring features in a common environment so units don’t need to support one locally.
MSU Information Technology manages Campus Exchange and maintains two data centers replicating customer data to both sites for business continuity and to minimize outages.
Using Campus Exchange means your mailbox is part of CampusAD. MSU IT also offers on-premise Exchange as part of the CampusAD service.
For remote Campus Exchange mailbox access, you can log into the Outlook Web App from any device at mail.campusad.msu.edu.
An Exchange account includes:
- Online webmail access (mail.campusad.msu.edu)
- A 10GB mailbox
- Task management
- Group and shared calendaring features
- Resource scheduling (e.g., rooms, vehicles, projectors)
- Mobile device access and synchronization
- Integration with Microsoft Outlook and Office products
- Secure, granular permission delegation
- Spam and email virus filtering