MSU IT rolled out a Unified Self Service feature (https://uss.itservicedesk.msu.edu/), part of their existing service desk system, on August 15, 2016. It provides online access to students, faculty, and staff with an MSU NetID for checking the status of open requests, requesting services and searching a library of knowledge articles for help with technologies they support. Information on how to use the system including online training and a printable job aid is available at https://go.msu.edu/uss-training.
Purpose of Portal
This new portal may be used to:
- Report, or check the status of, a current issue experienced with a technology or service.
- Search for a self-help article for troubleshooting a particular offering.
- Request one of the following services with more services to be added in the future.
- MSU Print Services (https://print.msu.edu)
- NetID Services (including disabling an existing NetID) for an organization including Registered Student Organizations (RSOs), departments and groups
- Classroom Services
- Web Hosting
- Virtual Private Network
- Virtualization Services
- Network Services
- SSL certificates
Forms previously used (those posted at http://contact.cl.msu.edu/list.php) for requesting the above referenced services will be discontinued in lieu of forms within this new self-service portal. For the next several months previously used forms will redirect to the applicable form within the portal after logging in.
In the coming months, more services will be added to the service catalog and benefiting from the new portal request system.
The MSU IT Service Desk remains available by phone at (517) 432-6200 and/or email email@example.com for those preferring to request information and services in that manner as will itservicedesk.msu.edu remain accessible.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please call or email us or visit the service catalog at https://tech.msu.edu/itservices/service-catalog/ for information about all services MSU IT provides.