MSU IT provides design and media and technology equipment installation for MSU conference rooms.
A consultation with MSU IT will help determine and meet your department’s specific needs, but below are some standard examples of conference rooms configurations and rough costs.
The benefits of working with MSU IT include:
- Experience with university conference room needs and uses
- Collaboration with Infrastructure Planning and Facilities and Purchasing on technology integration and space updates to ensure a smooth process
The Base, Intermediate, and Advanced conference room examples below include estimated MSU IT design and installation labor for AV and IT integration of media and technology equipment.
AV and IT integration estimates are subject to change and customizable based on the size of the conference room space.
These examples do not include any services required by MSU Infrastructure Planning and Facilities.
Additional equipment and labor costs may be required to provide these configurations, as technology needs vary by room size and some rooms may need different configurations not listed on this page.
Base Level Configuration
The rough cost for this configuration is approximately $2,900.
- One 60-inch flat panel display with VGA and HDMI laptop connections on a wall.
- Audio routed through existing speakers on the flat panel display.
Intermediate Level Configuration
The rough cost for this configuration is approximately $6,700.
- One 60-inch flat panel display with VGA and HDMI laptop connections at a conference room table (table not provided)
- Desktop PC connected to a plat-panel display with wireless keyboard and mouse
- Web camera connected to desktop PC with ceiling microphone for web-based videoconferencing
- Audio routed through existing speakers on the flat plan display
Advanced Level Configuration
The rough cost for this configuration is approximately $47,000.
- Two 60-inch flat panel displays
- Technology cart with VGA and HDMI laptop connections for displays, Blu-Ray player, document camera, and HDTV tuner
- Equipment rack housing audio and video switching equipment, user devices, and the control system
- Wireless lapel microphone with distributed speaker system
- Polycom videoconferencing system with two HD cameras and one ceiling microphone