To protect systems and data against viruses and malware, MSU IT provides Endpoint Security protection at no cost to departments, faculty, researchers, and staff.
MSU Information Security provides both managed and self-managed Endpoint Security services for MSU-owned servers and workstations.
IT administrators can choose self-managed or managed options for Endpoint Security protection based on unit needs. MSU Information Security maintains the managed option.
Both options are dependent on the number of computer workstations, servers, and other endpoints needing protection in the department. Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems are supported
- Department IT staff have control over clients.
- Clients are placed in their own group.
- Administrator access is given to the group to make policy changes.
- MSU Information Security supports the license.
- MSU Information Security manages department clients using a template-based policy deployed to unit endpoints.
- Department IT staff can move to the self-managed option at any time as desired.
Once the service request is processed, the person supporting the service will receive access to a client management console allowing them to add endpoints, manage policies, and monitor issues.
Faculty, researchers, and staff
Faculty, researchers, and staff have access to MSU Endpoint Security protection software for personal devices at no cost to them.
Students can purchase Norton Symantec Security software at a discount through the MSU On The Hub portal. There are two packages available:
- Protect one device for $19.99/year
- Protect three devices for $24.99/year