MSU provides an endpoint antivirus protection license for departmental use to protect systems and data against viruses and malware.
MSU Information Security supports the license and provides the managed and self-managed Endpoint Security service for MSU-owned servers and workstations.
IT administrators in MSU departments don’t need to purchase or renew separate endpoint security or antivirus software once they are using the MSU Endpoint Security solution.
IT administrators can choose self-managed and managed options of antivirus protection. Both are based on the number of computer workstations, servers, and other endpoints.
Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems are supported. (For specific version information, please reference the online request form.)
Once the service is requested, access is provided to a client management console to add endpoints, manage the policy, and monitor issues.
- Department IT staff receive control over clients.
- Clients are placed in their own group.
- Administrator access is given to their group to make policy changes.
- Information Security supports the license.
- Information Security manages department clients using a baseline policy deployed to unit endpoints and supports the license.
- Department IT staff can move to the self-managed option at any time as needed.