MSU IT provides resources and support for web accessibility, course and content accessibility, and accessible IT evaluations and purchasing in partnership with the Office of the General Counsel and Office of Institutional Equity.
MSU IT provides accessibility consultation, review, and strategic planning for websites, web applications, and other information technology. Check out the accessibility tutorials, classes and workshops, or schedule a consultation with a web accessibility specialist.
Course accessibility options include:
- A course accessibility evaluation using the D2L course inventory tool
- A review of course materials for accessibility with an instructional designer using universal design guidelines and principles
- Assistance in making course accommodations in partnership with the Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities
- Recommendations for captioning and transcription services
- Assistance with student employment and training to support course accessibility efforts
For more information on course accessibility, request a consultation with an instructional designer.
Evaluation and Purchasing
The MSU Electronic Information Technology (EIT) Purchasing Process helps MSU to build relationships with suppliers and publishers and to ensure the purchase and creation of more accessible products and services. MSU IT has partnered with MSU Purchasing to provide accessibility reviews as a part of the purchasing process.
MSU IT also provides review and consultation on the development of five-year accessibility plans, and annual self-reviews. For more information, contact your college/departmental web accessibility liaison, or contact the EIT Coordinator.