“Digital accessibility” addresses how our users access digital goods and services, and how students, faculty and staff can ensure that web pages and web-delivered content can function with assistive technology used by persons with disabilities.
MSU IT provides resources and support for web accessibility, course and instructional content accessibility, and accessible IT evaluations and purchasing in partnership with the Office of the General Counsel and Office of Institutional Equity.
MSU IT also provides several resources to support MSU’s Digital Accessibility Program, including:
- Consultation on the development of MAU level five-year accessibility plans.
- Feedback, guidance, and support on required MAU level annual self-reviews.
- Hosting monthly Web Accessibility Policy Meetings intended to provide updates to campus related to digital accessibility resources, guidance, and the web accessibility policy.
MSU IT provides accessibility consultation, review, and strategic planning for websites, web applications, and other information technology. Check out the accessibility tutorials, classes and workshops, and policy information on Webaccess or email us email@example.com.
- A course accessibility evaluation using the D2L course inventory tool.
- A review of course materials for accessibility with an instructional designer using Quality Matters and Universal Design for Learning principles.
- Course accessibility production support from trained student interns through MSU IT service level agreements to support your course accessibility efforts.
- Assistance in making course accommodations in partnership with the Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities.
- Recommendations for captioning and transcription services.
Evaluation and Purchasing
The MSU Electronic Information Technology (EIT) Purchasing Process helps MSU to build relationships with suppliers and publishers and to ensure the purchase and creation of more accessible products and services. MSU IT has partnered with MSU Purchasing to provide accessibility reviews as a part of the purchasing process.