Services include consultation, analysis, cable TV, telephone, voicemail, two-way radio, fiber optic Internet, wire management and many other services.
Learn about the services available to the MSU community.
MSU provides consultation, design, and implementation of voice services to assist you and your specific requirements.
MSU provides telephone services and need-specific telephone systems throughout campus.
MSU hosts a campus voicemail solution that offers unified communications features such as email notifications of voice messages, time of day greetings, and more.
MSU’s campus cable television network serves university-owned department buildings, residence halls, and university apartments.
MSU’s all-digital network features three levels of service:
- Instructional Television (ITV): local channels, instructional channels and other free-to-air channels.
- Entertainment Television (ETV): popular entertainment channels. This service is included with residence hall and university apartment room and board rates.
- Comcast additional services: pay services including HBO and Showtime. A DVR recorder is also available.
Cable TV for Students: https://go.msu.edu/CableTV_Students
Cable TV for Faculty and Staff: https://go.msu.edu/CableTV_StaffFaculty
Request cable TV service: https://go.msu.edu/CableTV
Request Comcast additional TV services: https://go.msu.edu/ComcastService
Learn more about cable TV: https://go.msu.edu/Cable_TV
View cable lineup: https://go.msu.edu/ChannelListings
Consultation & Analysis
Telecommunication analysts and engineers are available to discuss your operational needs and design cost-effective technology solutions.
Services provided include analysis, system design, estimations, installation, testing, and training to meet your needs.
MSU operates and maintains the campus two-way radio system to provide reliable, high-quality two-way radio indoor/outdoor coverage on MSU’s campus.
This system supports over 600 users with both digital and analog handheld-portable, vehicle-mobile and fixed-base units. Important features include a 24/7 emergency call feature, 24/7 University Operator dispatch support, local phone access, direct one-to-one private call, and customized talk groups for workgroups with similar responsibilities.
Telecommunication Systems Billing
Telecommunication systems billing varies depending on the services performed:
- Recurring monthly charges for ongoing services such as telephone, fiber optics, cable television and two-way radio services billed to an EBS-approved general ledger number may be accessed through the Telecommunication Systems online billing system.
- Parts and installation charges for new or upgraded services such as a new phone or a hardware repair can be accessed on the IPF customer statement.
- If you have any questions about your Telecom Systems bill, call (517) 353-5515 between the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or email email@example.com.