Printing at MSU
MSU Print is the centrally supported printing solution for MSU students, faculty, staff, and departments. More than 6.5 million pages are printed each year.
Printing from your Laptop (Web Print)
- Log in to print.msu.edu with your MSU NetID credentials.
- Click Web Print.
- Click Submit a Job.
- Select the general printer location and print options (e.g. single/double-sided, b/w or color).
- Click Print Options and Account Selection.
- Enter the number of copies and click Upload Documents.
- Click Upload from computer, select your file, and click Upload & Complete.
- Click Held in a queue (this may take a moment).
- Click Print.
- Select the specific printer.
“Web Print” is only available from the MSU campus locations and can be uploaded and released from anywhere on campus (using MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, JPG, and Plain Text File formats).
Cost to Print
Black-and-white prints (as of September 1st, 2018):
- 6 cents per 8.5 x 11 page
- 8 cents per 8.5 x 11 duplex page (double sided)
- 10 cents per 11 x 17 page
- 40 cents per 8.5 x 11 page
- 80 cents per 11 x 17 page
Double-sided printing counts as two pages. All lab computers default to double sided (duplex) print. Print credits can be purchased by credit card, Spartan Cash, and student receivable accounts.
Print Support Articles
Our Black-and-white printers use 20lb paper which is 30% post consumer recycled and the Color printers use 24lb paper.
We use Hewlett Packard printer toner with recycled content.
Computer Lab Printing
Printing is available 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, in many locations, depending on computer lab building hours.
If printing from a computer in the lab or at the Main or Gast Business Libraries, your print job will come off the local printer assigned to that lab.
Departments can also request that printers be deployed in specific unit locations as part of MSU Print. Contact the MSU IT Service Desk at (517) 432-6200 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request.