Before and during MSU NSO
Activate your MSU NetID: Your NetID gives you access to a variety of MSU resources.
Email & Spartan 365 tools
Using your NetID and password, download Spartan 365 tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, and OneNote). To download, click the “Install Office” button on the top right of the page.
Download the MSU App
The MSU App provides easy mobile access to top MSU news, a campus map, residence hall dining options, events, and more. New features are continuously added, so check back for updates.
To download the app from the Apple and Google Play stores, visit https://msu.app.
Laptop computers and the network
Review the MSU Laptop Computer Requirement and contact your specific degree program: Some programs and colleges have additional computer specifications.
Register your computer, mobile devices, and other devices (e.g., smart TV, gaming system) to access the MSU Network (wired) and MSUnet Wireless.
- Open your web browser to dhcp.msu.edu.
- Log in using your MSU NetID and password and then follow the directions.
- Reboot or restart your devices when complete.
See Getting Online for more details.
Before MSU move in
Encourage trusted individuals and parents to create a StuInfo Guest Account if you want them to have the ability to pay student bills, view financial aid information, view IRS 1098-T data, view MSU charges and credits, and confirm the student attendance. Read more on StuInfo Guest Access.
Learn more about MSU technology
- Learning management systems such as D2L and LON-CAPA
- Collaborative and storage tools such as Spartan 365
- MSU Print for on-campus printing
- Computer lab locations the wide range of specialty software available
Learn how to protect yourself online through SecureIT
- SecureIT: Safeguard your devices. Password-protect laptops, phones, access points, etc.
- Create strong passwords.
- Spot phishing attempts.
- Disable file sharing to follow copyright laws and policies.
Getting connected during MSU move in
Network & Internet access
Wireless access: Wi-Fi is available in academic buildings and residence halls.
All residence halls have Wi-Fi available for your devices.
Once you’re on campus, you must register your devices (including smart TVs, gaming systems, phones, etc.) with the MSU Network at dhcp.msu.edu to access the Wi-Fi.