This upgrade will offer MSU students, faculty, and staff an expanded portal that supports searching, sharing, and publishing of video and audio.
The upgrade will occur Monday, August 19, starting at 8 p.m. and will run through Tuesday, August 20, at 8 a.m.
During this upgrade, embedded MediaSpace videos will continue to work, but direct links to media will not work. Direct links will work again as expected once the upgrade is completed.
Differences in publishing and sharing
With this upgrade, there is a significant difference in the way content will be published and shared.
It’s important to understand the different publishing options as it affects the viewing experience when sharing. Users will be given several choices about where to publish their content within the portal while uploading.
MediaSpace 4.5 features
New features of version 4.5 include:
- New uploading capabilities allowing for multiple file uploads simultaneously.
- Channel creation available for multiple channels and share access privileges with MSU users.
- Access and permission controls (viewers, contributors, moderators, or managers) for each video channel.
- Uploading and sharing of videos from desktops, webcams, and mobile sources, as well as a way to review submissions and moderate content before videos are published.
- Captioning capabilities allowing users to upload multilingual caption files to a video and enable in-video search within captions.
- 508 compliant video playback support for players and captioning.
- Comprehensive social tools allowing users to comment, rate, like, and share videos.
- Kaltura MediaSpace 4.5
- MSU Distance Learning Services Help Desk: Call (517) 355-2345 or (800) 800-500-1554.