MSU IT Services Teaching and Learning invites you to attend the next session in our ongoing Breakfast Series: Conversations on Online Pedagogy and Best Practices.
DATE: Wednesday, November 12, 2014
TIME: 8:45 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. (8:30 a.m. for refreshments)
PLACE: Main Library, North Conference Room, 4th Floor, West Wing
TOPIC: “Mixed Media, Instructor Avatar, & Student Comfort”
- Dr. Elizabeth Lavolette, Director, Language Resource Center, Gettysburg College; Developer & Coteacher
- Dr. Jimin Kahng, Assistant Professor, Teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language, Northeastern Illinois University; Coteacher
- Ms. Ina Choi, PhD Candidate, Second Language Studies, Michigan State University; Teacher
Join us for another exciting Breakfast Series Seminar highlighting the 2014 MSU AT&T Best Online Course LLT346: Pedagogical Grammar (http://attawards.msu.edu/home/llt-346).
LLT 346 teaches English grammar for pedagogical purposes, focusing on prospective or current teachers of English as a Second Language (ESL). Within this course the instructor becomes the course guide (as an avatar) and various forms of social media (Facebook Groups and Google Hangouts) are used to build student comfort as well as foster communication.
- Breakfast Series: Conversations on Online Pedagogy and Best Practices:http://tech.msu.edu/enrichment/
- IT Services – LearnDAT blog:http://learndat.tech.msu.edu/blog
- MSU Technology blog:http://tech.msu.edu/news