MSU Information Technology partners with campus units to provide various types of application development for the MSU community.
This includes consulting, solution analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and support for web and mainframe application needs.
Using MSU IT for application development enables units to integrate core data with university-wide systems for increased interoperability and utilize central code and infrastructure for application efficiency. MSU IT can also provide ongoing support of applications based on determined service level agreements. (View the Application List for more details.)
Types of applications:
- Academic (e.g., Degree Navigator, Schedule of Courses, StuInfo, WebEnroll)
- Admissions (e.g., AOP Tools, TransferCredit)
- Billing and E-commerce (e.g., CASHNet, MSUPayment, WebCredit)
- Custom Unit-Specific Apps (e.g., AthlInfo, MSU Community Charitable Campaign)
- Database and Reporting Feeds (e.g., Building/Room Data, Emergency Location Database)
- Financial (e.g., Procurement System)
- Hosting (e.g., MSU Code Repository)
- Human Resources (e.g., Benefits System, HR/Payroll)
- Identity Management and Access (e.g., Community ID, NetID, Sentinel, Shibboleth)