- This event has passed.
Brown Bag: Conceptualizing MSU’s Next Generation Digital Learning Environment
Friday, Nov. 4 2016 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Sherief AbouElSeoud, IT Services, Teaching & Learning Technology
- Mike Zakhem, IT Services, Teaching & Learning Technology
At this brown bag session Sherief and Mike will share the current strategic thinking about MSU’s learning environments, including:
- Highlighting recent and current project work that MSU IT is doing collaboratively with many academic units.
- Discussing next steps with D2L, including migration to cloud hosting and addition of learning analytics.
- Explaining the current digital learning environment service portfolio in use on campus
- Explaining how future decisions about MSU’s Next Generation Learning Environment will be informed and made with participatory input from faculty and academic affairs administrators.
The best way to conceptualize MSU’s next generation digital learning tools is to consider it as an ecosystem. If you would like some background information on NGDLE, please see https://library.educause.edu/resources/2015/12/7-things-you-should-know-about-ngdle
This session will be of interest to all who are interested in the future of digital learning at MSU. Several projects under consideration, such as the migration from an on-premise D2L instance to a cloud-hosted D2L environment, the use of learning analytics and the use of adaptive learning technologies will be of interest to all.
Everyone is invited to attend.
The Explorations in Instructional Technology Brown Bag series is hosted by the MSU College of Education, College of Natural Science, and MSU IT Teaching and Learning Technology. For more informaiton, contact Sev Grabski.