- This event has passed.
Brown Bag: Curriculum Mapping and Competency Search in D2L
Friday, Nov. 11 2016 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Mary Gebbia-Portice, College of Osteopathic Medicine
- R. Taylor Scott, College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Nathan Lounds, MSU IT Services
At this Brown Bag Seminar, Mary will be sharing the experiences and lessons learned by the team that is mapping the College of Osteopathic Medicine’s (COM) curriculum. She will be sharing the processes that COM is following to map the curriculum and will also be demonstrating the map and the accompanying Competency Search Tool. Topics covered will include:
- Introduction to curriculum mapping
- Planning for the project
- Getting buy-in from stakeholders
- Building and using the curriculum map
This session will be of particular interest for the following groups:
- Faculty and staff involved in revision or review of a curriculum, a set of courses, or even an individual course
- Colleges and/or programs preparing for accreditation
- Colleges and/or programs interested in tracking student achievement of learning objectives
The session will also be of interest to all who are looking at the impact of the curriculum and how this affects student success.
Everyone is invited to attend.
The Explorations in Instructional Technology Brown Bag series is hosted by the MSU College of Education, College of Natural Science, and MSU IT Teaching and Learning Technology. For more information, contact Sev Grabski. Learn more about other faculty development opportunities.