MSU IT will be migrating the MSU D2L system to a hosted environment May 11-13. D2L will be unavailable beginning at 6:00 p.m. on May 11, and will be available again after 7:00 a.m. on May 13.
Additionally, D2L course merge and unmerge requests will now be handled by the MSU IT Service Desk at (517) 432-6200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expanded D2L features
MSU is shifting to a new cloud-hosted environment to allow for quicker software updates and a more stable system. This migration will also allow MSU to take advantage of new features and functionality that D2L/Brightspace provides in its cloud-hosted platform.
D2L will also be upgraded to version 10.7, which offers new features and tools for faculty, instructors, and students.
Summer course preparation
Before May 11:
- Faculty and instructors should finalize their summer semester D2L course content in advance.
- Call the MSU IT Service Desk at (517) 432-6200 or email@example.com to request summer course merges or unmerges.
After May 13, 7:00 a.m.:
- Log into MSU D2L to review your courses, groups, and links.
- Report any issues to the MSU IT Service Desk at (517) 432-6200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ongoing course support
MSU IT offers ongoing course support for faculty and instructors.
For in-person summer course support, stop by D2L office hours in The Hub (D101 Wells Hall) to work with an MSU IT instructional designer on:
- Thursday, April 27: 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 2: 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 15: 1:00-5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 16: 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 24: 1:00-5:00 p.m.
For D2L questions or to request support from an instructional designer, please contact the MSU IT Service Desk at (517) 432-6200 or email@example.com.