Want to increase engagement in your class (and make sure students are also attending class)?
Listen to Episode 5 of the student-led MSU Tech Break podcast, “Student Engagement and Ways to Use Twitter.”
In the fifth Tech Break episode, education student Meghan Hurley talks with MSU Assistant Professor of Physics Vashti Sawtelle about technology in the classroom. Vashti is jointly planted between the Lyman Briggs College and the Department of Physics and Astronomy.
Learn about the technology Sawtelle uses in her challenging classroom space to engage her students and get real-time feedback, including the integration of social media platforms like Twitter.
About MSU Tech Break
MSU Tech Break is a 15- to 20-minute student-led podcast produced by the Learning Design team within MSU IT Services Academic Technology.
The goal of Tech Break is to share information about technology and learning to the broad Michigan State University community. The podcast will bring together stories and experiences, providing different perspectives on technology and how it can be used in higher education.
MSU Tech Break Episodes
- Episode 1 – Developing Your Accessibility Culture (plus transcript)
- Episode 2 – Creating the Combat Veterans Course (plus transcript)
- Episode 3 – Discussing REAL Classrooms with Real Students (plus transcript)
- Episode 4 – Feedback Loops (plus transcript)
- Episode 5 – Student Engagement and Ways to Use Twitter (plus transcript)