When new students, faculty, and staff arrive on campus, there are a many different technology resources available.
Help and support
MSU IT Services offers a many technology support options.
Can’t get connected to the Internet? Call (517) 432-6200.
For in-person technology help during move in, visit the Brody, Holden Hubbard, or McDonel Engagement Centers August 24-25 from 12 noon-6 p.m.
Receive walk-in help and repair services throughout the year through the Computer Store – Help and Repair in room 120 of the Computer Center building.
You can do these things before or after arriving on campus.
- Make sure your MSU NetID is activated.
- If you shared your MSU NetID password with anyone, change your password. Make sure to use a strong password.
- Log into your MSU Email account.
- If wanted, set up an email forwarding address in MSU Webmail.
- Activating your MSU NetID and email account
- Getting started with mail.msu.edu
- Mail forwarding to multiple email accounts
Connecting to the MSU Network
When you get to campus, you’ll need to register your computer and any mobile devices to both the wired and wireless MSU Network.
- Connect your devices to an Ethernet jack for the wired network or to MSUnet Wireless where available.
- Open your web browser to the Network Registration page at dhcp.msu.edu.
- Log in using your MSU NetID and password and follow the directions.
- Reboot your devices when complete.
If wanted, you can set up a wireless access point in your residence hall room. Akers, Butterfield, Case, Landon, and Wilson already have Wi-Fi installed so no access points are necessary.