The D2L Brightspace online training courses have recently been updated. All training videos and links to documentation now reflect D2L Version 10.5 materials. (Learn more about What’s New in D2L 10.5).
These self-directed training courses are a great resource for learning how to use MSU’s supported D2L course management system. Each course covers the most commonly used aspects of the D2L environment with modules broken into a series of short video tutorials, easily digested and used as reference.
The Instructor – D2L Self-Directed Training course contains:
- Links to information about D2L Brightspace and other documentation
- Downloadable Instructor Guides (Word docs)
- A Getting Started Checklist for engaging in the Brightspace Community
- Video tutorials on creating content, setting up activities, and managing a course
- Practice activities like uploading a dropbox assignment and posting to a discussion
- Opportunities to explore user progress and the grades view as a member (same as student view)
The instructor D2L training is an ideal starting point for faculty members new to online teaching, as well as experienced faculty and staff who want to refine their skills.
The Students – Getting Started with D2L course contains:
- Topic-based modules with video tutorials on how to use course elements
- Keys to success on topics like email and discussion etiquette, plagiarism, online testing strategies, and time management
- Practice activities like uploading a dropbox assignment, taking a quiz, posting to a discussion, sending email, and completing a checklist
- Opportunities to explore user progress and the grades view
The student D2L training is a structured online course with objectives, readings, and practice exercises. Content is released as students progress through the course. This training is a valuable learning resource for students and instructors alike.
Accessing D2L Training
- Log into D2L at d2l.msu.edu. (You will be on the My Home page.)
- Click the Self Registration link on the navigation bar.
- Select the desired D2L training under the Course Offering Name.
- Click Register.
- Verify your information and click Submit.
- Click Finish to complete the process.
- Use the provided link to go to the course offering or find it in the My Courses widget for future access.
For any D2L questions, use the online form or contact the MSU IT Service Desk at (517) 432-6200.