MSU Information Technology has been working on several new technology services for departments, as well as faculty, staff, and IT staff.
Cloud services coming soon
Access to Gartner for Technical Professionals will be provided to MSU IT professionals in the coming weeks. Gartner Core Research remains available for all MSU students, faculty, and staff to research information technology news, reports, business and market analysis, product descriptions and comparisons, information on trends, and a calendar of upcoming conferences and events.
In addition, university agreements for cloud services with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure are underway. These cloud services offer exceptional compute power, database storage, content delivery features, and other functionality to fill a range of needs including servers, long-term data storage, mobile application development, and storing and analyzing large volumes of data. Once complete the campus community will benefit from discounted rates with enhanced security and improved terms and conditions for faculty, staff, and departmental use of these services.
Technology services available now
There are many service available now to faculty, staff, and IT staff that can help with collaboration, storage, research, and teaching needs at MSU. Below is an overview of just some of the technology resources.
Collaboration and storage
Teaching and course support
- Digital accessibility support
- Instructional and course design assistance
- Video production (courses and events)
- Virtual desktop infrastructure (course use)
Departments and IT staff
- Antivirus Endpoint protection (department devices)
- Application development services
- Department storage
- Two-factor authentication integration with applications
- Virtual desktop infrastructure (department use)
- Virtual Private Network integration with applications/department networks
- Virtual servers