MSU Information Technology has been working on several new technology services for departments, as well as faculty, staff, and IT staff.
Cloud services coming soon
Coming soon are access to Gartner for Technical Professionals and university agreements for cloud services with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure at discounted rates with enhanced security and improved terms and conditions for faculty, staff, and departmental use.
These cloud services offer exceptional compute power, database storage, content delivery features, and other functionality to fill a range of needs including servers, long-term data storage, mobile application development, and storing and analyzing large volumes of data.
Technology services available now
There are many service available now to faculty, staff, and IT staff that can help with collaboration, storage, research, and teaching needs at MSU. Below is an overview of just some of the technology resources.
Collaboration and storage
Teaching and course support
- Digital accessibility support
- Instructional and course design assistance
- Video production (courses and events)
- Virtual desktop infrastructure (course use)
Departments and IT staff
- Antivirus Endpoint protection (department devices)
- Application development services
- Department storage
- Two-factor authentication integration with applications
- Virtual desktop infrastructure (department use)
- Virtual Private Network integration with applications/department networks
- Virtual servers